As you prepare to experience all the excitement of World Dog Expo, we ask that you please review our dog rules and guidelines before you arrive. These rules and guidelines are put in place to ensure the safety of all our guests throughout the weekend.
• Dogs attending the expo should be well-behaved, non-aggressive and not intimidated or stressed in large crowds or by loud noises. There will be small children, other dogs, exciting exhibits and loud announcements/music throughout the event. All attending dogs will experience barking, loud speaking voices, clapping and cheering throughout the expo. We ask owners to please be considerate of these factors before registering your dog to attend our event.
•Canine first aid will be available at the show. In the event of an emergency canine health situation, show can recommend emergency treatment facilities.
• Be careful to note all dog-potty locations and watering areas to make sure your pet is comfortable throughout your experience at the expo. Expo staff also ask that you bring waste pick-up bags and be sure to clean up after your dog in the event of an accident.
• The expo may be an overwhelming experience for some breeds, such as the English Bulldog. We ask all owners to plan accordingly if your dog does attend. If your dog is small or tiny, we do ask owners to consider carrying their dog to avoid injury or stress. There will be many large and extra-large breeds present at the expo, as well as many excited humans, we do not want to see any small or tiny dogs trampled or stepped on.
• All attendees should also review safe dog greeting and handling behaviors with children. All staff members will be carefully watching crowds and dogs to ensure everyone’s safety. It only takes seconds for a dog bite to occur. Please remind children to ask any owner or handler for permission before petting a dog. Please allow a calm animal to sniff their hands before touching them on the chin, chest or back (not on the top of the animal’s head). All children should speak calmly to any animal they greet and should never “stare down” or attempt to intimidate an animal while at World Dog Expo. Any physical abuse or rough-housing of any dog will not be tolerated or permitted and can be means for dismissal.
• Many exhibitors may offer treats to dogs as they visit their booths. Please be aware of your dog’s dietary needs or allergies before accepting any snack. It is also important to control your dog’s consumption of snacks while at the expo, as too many may cause illness in your pet. Plastic zip-lock baggies will be allowed in the expo so you can take any extra goodies home with you.
All attending dogs should have the age-appropriate shots or vaccinations before attending the expo. World Dog Expo will be asking for verification of the rabies vaccination on every attending dog, as required by New Jersey state law.
Every state in the United States has their own respective laws regarding vaccinations a dog must obtain before it can be registered in their home state or county.
New Jersey state law reads that all dogs must have the rabies vaccination or a certification of exemption before a dog can be registered.
World Dog Expo will require proof of vaccination upon arrival at the facility and before any visiting dog will be granted access to the event. We will only require the rabies vaccination as per state law and insurance requirements.
All accepted proof of immunizations at World Dog Expo are:
• Vet-issued rabies certificate
• City/county license
• A rabies tag that lists the current year
• A receipt of vaccination purchase/label (for those who self-vaccinate)
• A vet receipt that itemizes the vaccination payment
• Adoption paperwork that lists the dog has current vaccines (age appropriate)
• Serologic titer results issued from a veterinary clinic
If you do not believe in getting annual vaccinations for your dogs:
- World Dog Expo recognizes that dog vaccinations can be a controversial topic among dog owners. To be in accordance with state law and insurance requirements, your dog must be vaccinated for rabies or present current serologic titer results in order to attend our show.
PLEASE NOTE: World Dog Expo and its affiliates are not making any kind of statement or announcing a position on dog vaccinations. We are only working to ensure the safety of all our attending guests and their dog.
If you are planning to adopt a new best friend while attending World Dog Expo, it is advised to bring your own carrier, leash, collar or car restraining device. While we may have vendors offering these products on site, we cannot promise they will be available on-site or right away. Please plan accordingly.